Wigmore Medical has partnered with Dalvi Humzah to provide bespoke injectable training on the safe and appropriate use of botulinum toxins and dermal fillers. This is an intensive and educational hands-on day for any aesthetic professional who wants to go beyond the basic toxins and fillers stage, and has a particular interest in mastering techniques for treating the upper face.
Led by Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon, Mr Dalvi Humzah, this training day explores intermediate and advanced techniques with needle and cannula approaches, with a firm emphasis on facial analysis and topographic anatomy.
Techniques to reduce complications and use of appropriate products will be discussed and demonstrated. This course is designed to facilitate the transition for you to develop intermediate and advanced levels of practice in the upper face. You will benefit from a structured and detailed approach from Mr Dalvi Humzah, exploring concepts of facial anatomy as well as his expert knowledge and experience of a wealth of products and multi-modal treatment options.
Learning is facilitated through demonstration and practical approaches with close supervision and support from the faculty.
1. An appreciation of the topographical anatomy of the upper face, in relation to toxin and dermal filler treatment strategies
2. Gain insight into the age-related changes of the upper face and develop an advanced awareness of the injectable techniques to correct these areas
3. An advanced awareness of facial analysis in order to formulate appropriate strategies to correct the age-related changes of the upper face, safely and effectively
ANATOMICAL AREAS TO BE COVERED
• Forehead Toxin & Filler Includes the blanching technique and Upper Ligament Lift™
• Glabellar & Brow with Toxin & Filler
• Periorbital – Toxin, A frame Deformity & Advanced Upper sulcus treatment
• Tear Trough
Our aim is to give you the skills to assess your own patients. As there are so many variations on individual anatomy, we review which products to use and at what depth of dermis, before going through the most frequently requested anatomical areas of the upper face. To maximise hands-on time during these somewhat intense sessions, we will send you the course slides prior to your training day and request a prompt start. You are encouraged to bring your own models, but please inform us in advance if you will, otherwise we will provide them for you. Class size is a maximum of six, to ensure all delegates get enough practice and one-on-one supervision from the trainer.
Important: If you are interested in learning techniques for treating the lower face, including lips and peri oral lines, please register for our Advanced Toxins and Fillers Lower Face training day.
Both advanced courses will cover the following topics:
- Advanced face anatomy for injections and risk areas
- Dos and Don’ts (good practice, health and safety, consenting)
- Selecting the right product, volume and injection technique
- Analysis of areas (ageing process and dynamic lines, treatment challenges)
- Complications and their management
- Case studies – delegates to select one patient that they have treated or that they would like to treat and have found challenging (you can bring a picture on a USB stick or the patient as a model)
- The practical sessions will also cover model assessment, preparation and injection process with the trainer
- Latest evidence based medicine
Training Policy for delegates